Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Youth Evangelism (part 4)

I believe it's necessary to be able to share your testimony in five minutes or less. And it needs to be applicable to a lost person's life. Talking about how you believed God for some money and you got it isn't necessarily what most lost people need to hear, although a healing testimony will often get a person's attention.

Your story should have three parts to it... first, you need to share what your life was like before your conversion (or healing, etc), especially immediately before. Share your thoughts and feelings, as much as possible.

Next, you should share what it was that brought you to the point of decision (or the actual experience of being healed, etc). Especially when it comes to being Born Again, be sure to share with them the prayer you prayed so that they know what to pray if they want to do so at a later time.

Finally, you should share what has changed since you gave your life to Christ (or were healed, etc). Give specifics, as much as possible. I share about the change in my attitude, my relationships and the quality of my life... and the fact that I'm now sure that I'm doing what I was put on this earth to do. I use that as a segue to share that God as a special plan for each person.

One last thing to remember is that you need to have a bridge between each of the points in your story so that it flows smoothly from one part to another.

No comments: